REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE: People directly affected by the fire and in need of financial assistance for food, shelter, heat, etc. should submit their request in writing to United Way of Clatsop County, PO Box 775, Astoria, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
DONATIONS: A relief fund for victims of the fire has been established at Clatsop Community Bank. Contributions may be made at either of the bank’s branch locations, or mailed:
- 1150 N. Roosevelt, Suite 101, Seaside, OR 97138
- 988 Commercial Street, Astoria, OR 97103
Checks should be payable to Clatsop Community Bank with the designation on the check’s memo area as “Astoria Fire Relief Fund.” Please direct questions to Joe Schulte, 503.738.8000.
If you have information about other relief efforts that you wish to publish, please contact:
- Tiffany Estes at 503-325-4485 or by email here
- Scott Reuter at 503-298-5251 or by email here
The following is a verified list of organizations that are requesting direct donations to assist in their recovery from the December 16th-17th Astoria Cannery Cafe/#10 Sixth Street Fire:
- The Clatsop CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Program faces significant losses as a result of the December 16 fire. We would appreciate donations to help us set up a new office, buy replacement computers, office equipment and supplies, and generally get back to business supporting our CASA volunteers who advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children. Donations are accepted via Paypal on our website (www.clatsop-casa.org), or can be sent to Clatsop CASA, PO Box 514, Astoria OR 97103. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org (no current office telephone, but see our website and Facebook page for further updates).
Clatsop Economic Development Resources (CEDR), Enterprise Cascadia and the City of Astoria are working to assist businesses impacted by the Thursday evening fire. Key elements include:
- Technical assistance with insurance forms, estimated business losses, business recovery planning and any other form of business advising required.
- Emergency loans of up to $3,500 to assist with rapid resumption of business.
CEDR and Enterprise Cascadia will be available at the Astoria-Warrenton Chamber of Commerce’s green building to meet with business owners requiring technical or financial assistance at the following times:
- 10am-2pm, Dec 21, 22 and 23
- 10am-2pm, Dec 28, 29 and 30
You can also call the Chamber (503-325-6311) during those hours and ask for the CEDR extension (113). Click here for additional information on emergency loan program and DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION.
Employees displaced by the fire are encouraged to drop by MTC’s “One Stop” at 450 Marine Drive in Astoria.
A concert to benefit employees of the Cannery Cafe is planned for New Years Eve at the Elks Lodge in Astoria, 3rd floor. The band Four on the Floor will open, and the Swaggers will headline. Contact Betsy Lennon for details, 503-791-9855.
A benefit for Hipfish is planned for Sunday, January 23 from 4-8pm at the Columbian Theater. Check the Events page for details.